May 10, 2015

A baby denim Sunsuit on a handsome little model.

I have had this pattern running round in my head for over 20 years. 
The last time I made denim summer suits my oldest Son was about 2 and happily modeled this version of the summer suit for me. 

Denim Summer suit @ Craft Blog here





I made his suit in 1992. Here it is!


I purchased the seam binding and the snaps.
I decorated the denim with both the fabric paint and acrylic paint spatter after it had been stitched.
The white paint was a puff paint and so required that I bake the garment for about 7 minutes at 250 degrees. 
It is machine wash and dryer safe.




These are the 2015 version of the summer suit.
 Fashioned from the leg of blue jeans these adorable sun suits are a super summer solution for little boys and little girls alike.
Velcro and or buttons and snap enclosures help to make putting on the denim summer suit as easy as ABC
Open the suit up at neck and sides and lay it flat out. Lay the baby in the back bum area.  Pull the bib up at front and secure shoulder and sides.
Add  suede baby boots and a cute t-shirt to the outfit and smile out loud at the outcome. 


Denim Summer suits @ craft blog



      Thanks to little Landon 
                     for being such a happy, 
                                     handsome and willing model.



Lillian the Domestic Engineer.Blogspot.ca
                      in spite of the fact he was a bit too small for his britches.

 


 I love summer and babies too!!










Sew, are you up to it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger